The Hartley & Noble 'BIG Batt Kit'.
This kit includes;
1 x Hartley & Noble BIG Master Batt
1 x Stay Put Batt Rug
1 x Hartley & Noble BIG Throwing Batt
Please click on the link below to see a video of how this product works;
An Introduction to the Hartley & Noble BIG Batt
You can purchase additional BIG Throwing Batts by clicking here.
This product is designed especially for pottery wheels with NO Batt Pins. The BIG Master Batt works in combination with the BIG Throwing Batt to increase the surface area that you have on your wheel head to throw. For example, if you have a 250mm wheel head, and you want to increase it to 300mm so that you can throw dinner plates or wide based pots.
The Master Batt is manufactured using our Premium MDF material. Our updated 'BIG Throwing Batt' is manufactured from 18mm Economy MDF, giving you a 12mm thick batt that is less prone to warping.
Please note - If you already have one of our Over-the-Wheel Russian Doll Batt Systems, or a Standard Over-the-Wheel Batt System you do not need to order the full BIG Batt Kit, click here to order a BIG Throwing Batt to fit your existing system instead.
How To Order your 'BIG Batt Kit'.
1) Measure the diameter of your wheel head with an accurate metal tape measure. Measure from one edge, to the other edge, going straight through the centre of the wheel head.
2) Enter this measurement in the 'Pottery Wheel Diameter' box. If your measurement is not shown in the dropdown box, select the nearest size from those listed, and then enter your own measurement in the 'Bespoke' box instead.
3) Select your 'BIG Batt Size" from the options in the drop down box. How big do you want to extend the diameter of your wheel head? Remember to make sure that you leave enough space in between the edge of your wheel head, and your wheel pan. You need to be able to get your fingers in between to pull your BIG batts off, or to carry out cleaning or maintenance of your pan.
4) If you don't see your measurements listed, please enter them in the "Bespoke Design" box, or Click Here to contact us for assistance.
How to look after me:
- Please do not leave our products soaking in water. Wood is a natural product, and this can cause swelling and warping.
- To clean just wipe with a damp sponge to remove any clay.
- Remove batts and batt rugs from your wheel when not in use.
- Dry & store your batts vertically.
- Do not use metal scourers or screwdrivers on these batts as this can cause damage.
Due to the variety of products and sizes that we offer, most of our items are made to order. Our current manufacturing time for standard orders is 15 working days. For bespoke orders requested using the 'Bespoke Design' option, or emailed to us separately, manufacturing time may be longer. If your order is urgent please let us know and we will try prioritise it if our other customer commitments allow.
Please note that if an order is placed with bespoke features / sizes requested it will not be possible to offer any exchange products or refunds unless the items supplied are faulty or do not meet the ordered specification.
We may choose to add any bespoke designs to our product catalogue at a later date.