Increase the area you have to throw on, by using our BIG Batt Kit. This product is designed especially for pottery wheels with NO Batt Pins. The BIG Master Batt fits on to your wheelhead, then the BIG Throwing Batt slots into that - increasing the surface area you have to throw on! For example, if you have a 250mm wheel head, you could order a 300mm diameter BIG Batt Kit. This is great for throwing dinner plates or wide based pots on a small pottery wheel. You can even add-on tile inserts so that you can use it as a Batt System too!
The Hartley & Noble 'BIG Batt Kit' includes
1 x Hartley & Noble BIG Master Batt
1 x Stay Put Batt Rug
1 x Hartley & Noble BIG Throwing Batt
You can add on more BIG Throwing Batts to go with your kit by clicking here.
You can add tile inserts too - so your BIG Batt Kit can also be used as a Batt System. Add those on to your order by clicking here.
How To Order your 'BIG Batt Kit'.
1) Measure the diameter of your wheel head with an accurate metal tape measure. Measure from one edge, to the other edge, going straight through the centre of the wheel head.
2) Click on the 'Pottery Wheel Diameter' box and select your wheelhead diameter. If it is not listed there, click on 'Bespoke Size Requested' instead. Then enter your own measurement in the 'Bespoke Wheelhead Diameter' box. We will make you a bespoke size system at no-extra cost.
3) Select your 'BIG Batt Size" from the options in the drop down box. How big do you want to extend the diameter of your wheel head? Remember to make sure that you leave enough space in between the edge of your wheel head, and your wheel pan. You need to be able to get your fingers in between to pull your BIG batts off, or to carry out cleaning or maintenance of your pan.
The Master Batt is manufactured using our Premium MDF material. The 'BIG Throwing Batt' is manufactured from 18mm Economy MDF. To prolong the life of economy material, we recommend that you remove pots / plates when you have finished throwing them (do not leave them for several days to dry). This will ensure that the batt is not wet for prolonged periods of time
Please note - If you already have one of our Over-the-Wheel Russian Doll Batt Systems, or a Standard Over-the-Wheel Batt System you do not need to order the full BIG Batt Kit, just click here to order a BIG Throwing Batt to fit your existing system instead.
How to look after our BIG batts:
- Please do not leave our products soaking in water. This can cause swelling and warping.
- To clean just wipe with a damp sponge to remove any clay.
- Remove batts and batt rugs from your wheel when not in use.
- Once you have wiped your batts clean with a damp sponge, dry them vertically (on their side).
- When completely dry, you can store your batts horizontally (stacked on eachother).
- Do not use metal scourers or screwdrivers on these batts as this can cause damage.
Please note that if an order is placed with bespoke features / sizes requested it will not be possible to offer any exchange products or refunds unless the items supplied are faulty or do not meet the ordered specification.
Tile insert size:150mm
Edit Product Code:014
Edit Product Manufacturing Category:The BIG Throwing Batt
Product Manufacturing Category:The BIG Throwing Batt