This item includes;
1 x BIG Throwing Batt OR
Money-saving multi-pack offer also available (please select from options available when ordering).
Click on the link below to see a video of how the BIG Batt works;
- The Hartley & Noble 'BIG Throwing Batt' is designed specifically for pottery wheel heads with NO Batt Pins.
- We invented the BIG Throwing Batt so that you can increase the surface area that you have on your wheel head to throw. For example, if you have a 250mm wheel head, and you want to increase it to 300mm so that you can throw dinner plates or wide based pots.
- It slots into EITHER our 'BIG Master Batt', OR the hole in the Master Batt of our 'Over-the-Wheel Russian Doll', and our 'Standard Over-the-Wheel Batt System'.
- If you do not own one of these Master Batts, please click here to order our 'BIG Batt Kit' instead.
- Our updated 'BIG Batt' is now made from our 18mm Economy MDF giving a 12mm thick batt area to make it less prone to warping.
How To Order your 'BIG Throwing Batt'.
1) Select the diameter you would like us to make your BIG Throwing Batt. Enter that in the drop down box "Batt Size".
2) In the "Tile Insert Size" box, select the diameter of the Master Batt that you will be slotting your BIG Batt into;
- If you have a Standard Size Over-the-Wheel Russian System this will be 200mm.
- If you have a Standard Over-the-Wheel Batt System this will be 150mm.
- If you do not have one of our Over-the-Wheel Systems, you need to buy the BIG Batt Kit Instead. Click here to view the BIG Batt Kit.
3) If the sizes you require are not listed, then write your own measurements of your particular wheelhead in the 'Bespoke Design' box. We will make your system to fit that measurement.
4) When deciding what size you want your BIG Throwing Batt, remember to leave yourself enough room between the edge of your wheelhead, and your splash pan... just so you can get your hands in the gap comfortably. .
How to look after me:
- Please do not leave our products soaking in water. Wood is a natural product, and this can cause swelling and warping.
- To clean just wipe with a damp sponge to remove any clay.
- Remove batts and batt rugs from your wheel when not in use.
- Dry & store your batts vertically.
- Do not use metal scourers or screwdrivers on these batts as this can cause damage.
Due to the variety of products and sizes that we offer, most of our items are made to order. Our current manufacturing time for standard orders is 15 working days. For bespoke orders requested using the 'Bespoke Design' option, or emailed to us separately, manufacturing time may be longer. If your order is urgent please let us know and we will try prioritise it if our other customer commitments allow.
Please note that if an order is placed with bespoke features / sizes requested it will not be possible to offer any exchange products or refunds unless the items supplied are faulty or do not meet the ordered specification.
We may choose to add any bespoke designs to our product catalogue at a later date.
Tile insert size:150mm
Edit Product Code:014
Edit Product Manufacturing Category:The BIG Throwing Batt
Product Manufacturing Category:The BIG Throwing Batt
Brand:Hartley & Noble
I love my big batt which fits onto my Russian doll system. I have a large wheel head (38cm) and the thickness of the large batt ensures there is no movement as the wheel turns. I have tried thinner batts which wobble as the wheel turns, however, this thicker batt is very sturdy .
Fantastic after sales service. One call and Nicky gets things sorted promptly. Thankyou so much.
Carolyn M Noble | South lincs | October 2020