Introducing our Star of David Shaped Pottery Forms
Create a set of stunning handbuilt dishes for your table centre, celebratory events, or perhaps as a gift for a loved one. The size of each form in the set is designed so you can make a set of dishes that nest into each other harmoniously.
Hartley & Noble pottery forms are precision-crafted from durable, 18 mm deep, economy MDF. These forms have a 45-degree chamfered edge, creating a beautiful sharp finish for your pottery.
• 3 x Star of David Shaped Drape Forms in the following sizes:
• 9.5 Inch / 241 mm
• 8 Inch / 203 mm
• 6.5 Inch / 165 mm
The best part? You don't need a pottery wheel to use these forms! They are tailor-made for hand-building pottery using a slab of clay. Making them suitable for use on a basic work station, table, or bench.
Discover How to Use Drape forms and Unleash Your Creativity:
One exciting way to use our drape forms is with a medium-density upholstery foam pad (easily available online). If you don't have foam, fret not! You can effortlessly shape your clay around the drape using your hands and a rib or an old store card. The process is as enjoyable as it is rewarding!
Here's a brief guide to get you started:
- Roll your clay into a uniform 1/4 inch thick slab using rolling pin guides.
- Smooth the clay with a soft silicone pottery rib for a flawless finish.
- Place the Pottery Form on top of the clay, and cut around it, leaving a slight excess.
- Carefully flip the clay and form over.
- Elevate the form using one of our Rising Stars, so you can work comfortably.
- Rising stars can be purchased on our website - Click Here
- Press the clay onto the form and smooth it down using the silicone rib.
- Trim around the form with a needle tool to create the perfect rim for your dish.
- Let your masterpiece dry for a couple of hours.
- Remove the form from the clay when it starts to hold shape. Check on it every couple of hours. When it is ready to be removed it will easily release from the form. Do not leave the form in the clay until it is completely dry (the clay will crack or get stuck!)
- Time taken to dry varies on climate and other factors.
How to look after your Pottery Forms:
To preserve the integrity of your pottery forms, avoid submerging them in water, as this can lead to swelling and warping.
Cleaning is a breeze – simply wipe with a damp sponge to remove any clay residue. Remember, gentle care ensures a longer-lasting drape forms, so avoid using metal scourers or screwdrivers to keep them in pristine condition.
Unleash your inner artisan and order yours today!
Product Manufacturing Category:Form - 45 Degree Chamfer
Brand:Hartley & Noble