Premium Throwing Batts
- These Throwing Batts are manufactured using our Premium MDF material. This material has superior water and warp resistance quality, and is super smooth.
- The Throwing Batt can be manufactured in 6mm / 9mm / 12mm material. Our customers generally favour the 9mm Premium MDF product.
- Batt Pins holes can be added if selected.
- If you don't see your size listed, please measure your wheelhead and enter these measurements in the "Bespoke Design" box.
- Always measure your own wheelhead before ordering. Click here for our video guide to measuring your pottery wheel with batt pins.
- We precision drill one slotted hole, and one round hole (as shown on the photos). This will ensure a great fit on your wheel, and accommodates any slight variations in measurements.
- We have carried out tests on the materials we use to provide a durable and practical product that meets the demands when throwing. To help you choose which material to use we have provided the details of our test results following a week long soak test. Click here to see our - Material Test Results
How to look after me:
- Our products work wonderfully at the wheel, but please do not leave them soaking in water. Wood is a natural product and this could cause swelling or warping.
- To clean just wipe with a damp sponge to remove any clay.
- Remove the batts from wheel when not in use.
- Remove rug from wheel when not in use.
- Do not stack these batts together, pleased dry & store vertically.
- Do not use metal scourers or screwdrivers on these batts as this can damage the protective laminate layer, and cause damage to your batt.
Please note that if an order is placed with bespoke features / sizes requested it will not be possible to offer any exchange products or refunds unless the items supplied are faulty or do not meet the ordered specification.
Product Manufacturing Category:Premium MDF Pottery Throwing Batt - 12mm
Brand:Hartley & Noble
Well made and just so useful
Making large pieces has been made so much easier by these batts. They are so well made, for my wheels holes perfectly, and make taking large plates and bowls off the wheel sooooooo much easier! They are of very high quality and haven’t warped at all.
Caitlin Bonem | Prague | February 2020
Perfect for wider bigger pots
Great strength to these batts for when you throw plates or anything bigger.
Richard Farrell | London | March 2021
Big and strong
These batts are big and super strong for throwing plates or anything with a wide base. Very easy to use and works well with the mat.
Richard Farrell | London | July 2021