The Over The Wheel Russian Doll Batt System is manufactured from our Premium 15mm MDF. It's unique design is made especially to fit pottery wheels with NO batt pins.
The system includes the following items:
- 1 x Master Batt
- 1 x Stay-Put Batt Rug (Made from a synthetic non-animal Product)
- 1 x 200mm - 150mm adaptor (made in 6mm Premium MDF)
- 1 x 200mm - 100mm adaptor (made in 6mm Premium MDF)
- 5 x 100mm Tile inserts (made in 6mm Premium MDF)
- 5 x 150mm Tile inserts (made in 6mm Premium MDF)
- 5 x 200mm Tile inserts (made in 6mm Premium MDF)
Soak the Batt Rug in water. Place flat and smooth on the wheel. Put the master batt on top, and use the tile inserts as required. Throw!
The video below shows our Over-the-Wheel Batt System in use. It was kindly made by @mae.ceramics (do check out more of her work on instagram).
How to order
1) Measure your wheelhead (take a look at the quick video guide below)
2) Select your wheelhead size from the options in the drop down boxes.
3) If you don't see your size listed, select 'Bespoke Size Requested' and then enter your own measurementsin the 'Bespoke Design' box. We will then make you something that is custom-fit to your wheel measurements.
Please note that our Over-the-Wheel Tile Batt Systems are specifically designed to be slightly bigger than your wheelhead measurement. This is essential in order for the master batt to go on and off easily. It is quite normal to have a millimetre or so of movement when you put your master batt on the wheel. When the wheel starts spinning, and the wet batt rug is in place, there will be no excess movement. This is part of the unique design. It has been successfully tested for throwing up to 10kg of clay.
The minimum size wheel head required for this batt system is 300mm. If your wheelhead is smaller, take a look at our Mini Over-the-Wheel Russian Doll Batt System.
How to look after me
Do not leave batts soaking in water. Wood is a natural Product and this could cause swelling or warping.
To clean just wipe with a damp sponge to remove any clay.
Remove the batts and rug from the wheel when not in use.
Do not stack these batts together, dry & store vertically..
Do not use metal scourers or screwdrivers on these batts as this can result in damage.
Please note that if an order is placed with bespoke features / sizes, it will not be possible to offer any exchange products or refunds unless the items supplied are faulty or do not meet the ordered specification. Please refer to our Terms & Conditions for more information.