Do you have a pottery wheel with NO batt pin bolts? Would you like to use throwing batts to create wide based items like plates, bowls and planters? Our 'Over-the-Wheel Batt Adaptor' is designed to help you do just that!
No need to drill your wheelhead or throw a pad of clay. Just wet the Batt Rug, lay it flat on the wheel, put the Batt Adaptor on top, and secure your Throwing Batt onto the batt pins.
This product is not suitable for wheels that are smaller than 265mm diameter. Get in touch if you need a Mini Adaptor.
Comes fitted with two pairs of pre-drilled inserts for you to screw the batt pin bolts into. One pair of inserts is positioned at 250mm centres, and the other set is positioned at 254mm centres. These are standard batt pin positions. So you'll be able to attach standard Throwing Batts to your wheel using the Adaptor.
Take a look at this video created by James Hobbs Ceramics, to see how the Over-the-Wheel Batt Adaptor works.
BATT ADAPTOR ONLY - Priced at £50
This option includes;
- 1 x Batt Pin Adaptor made to fit your wheelhead
- 1 x Stay-Put Batt Rug
- 1 x Set of Batt Pin Bolts (which will screw into the pre-drilled inserts of the Batt Pin Adaptor)
HOW TO ORDER
1) Measure your wheelhead diameter using the quick video guide below.
2) Select your wheelhead diameter from the drop-down options available.
3) If you don't see your wheelhead diameter, select the 'Bespoke Size' option and then enter your own measurements in the Bespoke Design box.
Please click here to contact us if you require any assistance.
All of our Over-the-Wheel Systems are specifically designed to be slightly bigger than your wheelhead measurement. This is essential in order for the master batt to go on and off easily. It is quite normal to have a millimetre or so of movement when you put your master batt on the wheel. When the wheel starts spinning, and the wet batt rug is in place, there will be no excess movement. This is part of the unique design.